Africa Energy commits to building a legitimate 'social license to operate' in the communities and countries in which we operate. We see this as an essential foundation for our business activity.
Africa Energy will therefore enter into dialogue and engagement with key stakeholders, conducted in the spirit of transparency and good faith, at all stages of company activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Conducting Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (EIA and SIA);
- Holding Stakeholder Awareness Meetings (SAM) and open town hall meetings;
- Employing Community Liaison Officers (CLO) to act as a bridge between communities and the Company;
- Establishing representative stakeholder committees in areas of activity; and
- Establishing a formal grievance mechanism.